Sauteed Spinach and Chickpeas
- COOK TIME
Did you know that spinach is full of iron and vitamins A & C? Now that's good news!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the spinach and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir in the remaining ingredients, and cook, half-covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.