Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Updated May 10, 2017
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 pepper half
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are a popular American favorite, but they're not the healthiest option for those of us who are watching our carbs and fat intake. Luckily, we've stuffed all the goodness of a Philly cheesesteak into fresh peppers to come up with this diabetic-friendly recipe for Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers.
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon margarine
1 cup thinly sliced onion
cup sliced mushrooms
2 teaspoons minced garlic
teaspoon black pepper
4 slices low-salt deli roast beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half
2 large green bell peppers, sliced in half, seeds removed, blanched (see Note)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and margarine and saute onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt and black pepper for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in roast beef.
- Place a piece of cheese inside each green pepper and fill evenly with meat mixture. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, then top with remaining cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes, or until pepper is tender and cheese is melted.
- To blanch the peppers, place in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, drain, set aside.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.01 25 17.