Corned Beef and Dilly Cabbage
- SERVING SIZE
4-ounces meat and 1 (2-ounce) wedge cabbage
- COOK TIME
2 Hr 20 Min
It used to be that corned beef and cabbage was one of those dishes you had to give up when following a diabetic diet. Not anymore! With our recipe for Corned Beef and Dilly Cabbage you can still enjoy an Irish tradition from time to time. Now isn't that lucky?!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2
pounds low-sodium, boneless, corned beef brisket
- 1 cup water
- 1 cabbage, cored, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place corned beef and water in roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Cook 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender.
- About 30 minutes before corned beef is done, place about 1 inch water in soup pot. Place cabbage in water, bring to a boil over high heat, and cover. Steam 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Trim fat off corned beef and place on baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine honey and mustard and brush 1/2 the sauce over corned beef.
- Turn oven to broil on high. Broil corned beef 3 minutes. Brush on remaining sauce and broil 2 more minutes, or until caramelized.
- In a small bowl, combine margarine and dill; pour over cabbage. Slice corned beef across grain and serve with cabbage.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.