Updated May 18, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
Serve up a dish that's as hearty as it is delicious! Our Hungarian Beef Goulash is a classic family-favorite that's loaded with flavor. One whiff of this goulash cooking and they'll come running to the table!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2
pound lean top round beef, fat trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can reduced sodium, fat-free beef broth
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add beef chunks, tossing until evenly coated.
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat oil; add beef, onion, and garlic and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned. Add tomatoes, carrots, and beef broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Stir in sour cream, simmer 2 to 3 minutes, then serve.
Serve over whole grain egg noodles or brown wild rice.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.