Updated January 11, 2018
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
No need to scour the Internet for Mexican restaurants that deliver! Our Marinated Steak Nachos are easy to make--and perfect for your next party! The tender, melt-in-your-mouth steak is marinated with a delicious mixture of seasonings. Paired with all your favorite toppings, our simple steak nachos recipe, will have your guests thinking you got it from the best restaurant in town. It's nacho average nachos recipe.
What You'll Need:
cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 (1-1/2-pound) beef flank steak
1 (14-ounce) package baked reduced-fat tortilla chips
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby Jack cheese blend (see Options)
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak, turning to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet; discard excess marinade.
- Broil 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut across the grain into thin slices, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Spread tortilla chips over two large rimmed baking sheets or oven-proof platter, then top evenly with sliced steak and sprinkle with cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and slide onto a large platter; sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions. Serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Use more or less cheese, or even a different kind you like. Sprinkle your finished nachos with chopped green chilies or jalapeño peppers, olives, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings.
- Cook up these Easy Mexican Recipes when you want to change-up Taco Tuesday.
- Wanna top this off with a refreshing dessert? Try our Peachy Passion for a sweet treat!
- Fun Fact!
- National Nacho Day is November 6th! What better way to celebrate than with this healtheir version of a timeless classic? In fact, did you know, that Nachos have been taking the United States by storm since 1949? It's no wonder considering the delicious taste!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.09 09 16.