- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 55 Min
Marinated Steak Nachos have all the grilled, meaty taste of Mexican take-out. Create this taste sensation in your own home with no fuss!
What You'll Need:
cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 (1-1/2-pound) beef flank steak
1 (14-ounce) package baked reduced-fat tortilla chips
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby Jack cheese blend (see Options)
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3 scallions, thinly sliced
What To Do:
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak, turning to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet; discard excess marinade.
- Broil 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut across the grain into thin slices, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Spread tortilla chips over two large rimmed baking sheets or oven-proof platter, then top evenly with sliced steak and sprinkle with cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and slide onto a large platter; sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions. Serve immediately.
- Use more or less cheese, or even a different kind, and sprinkle your finished nachos with chopped green chilies or jalapeño peppers, olives, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings.
- Wanna top this off with a refreshing dessert? Try our Peachy Passion for a sweet treat!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.09 09 16.