Cheesy Tuna Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Enjoy a comforting family-favorite with our recipe for Cheesy Tuna Casserole. We even snuck in some good-for-ya veggies to make this tuna casserole healthier. Even those picky eaters will gobble it right up!
What You'll Need
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 8 ounces whole grain rotini or other favorite shape pasta
- 1 (14-3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat, low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat white Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (5-ounce) cans water packed tuna, drained well
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
What to Do
- Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add cauliflower and cook 8 minutes. Stir in pasta and continue to cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until both are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, combine soup, milk, cheese, onion powder, and black pepper; mix well and heat over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients along with cooked pasta and continue to cook 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Preheat oven to broil. Pour mixture into casserole dish and place under broiler 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Read NextChicken and Squash Casserole