Chicken 'n' Bean Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 thigh + 1 cup veggie mixture
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Comfort comes in many forms, including this Chicken 'n' Bean Casserole. Chicken thighs, great northern beans, and flavorful veggies cook up in a hearty tomato-based casserole for a dish that'll fill your tummy with tasty and hearty satisfaction.
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon canola oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
onion, cut into thin wedges
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15.8-ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
6 ounces cooked smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add onion, carrots, and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Pour half the vegetable mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Place chicken thighs on top and pour remaining vegetable mixture over chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.05 11 17.