Chicken and Squash Casserole
Updated July 27, 2023
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
Give your family a hearty dinner they're sure to rave about with our easy recipe for Chicken and Squash Casserole. This casserole is brimming with creamy chicken flavor, and is sure to be a hit with everyone; they'll ask for time and time again! After all, a better combination of creamy chicken and healthy veggies just doesn't exist.
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can low sodium, cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free, whole wheat bread crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; saute, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in tomatoes, basil, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, chicken and pepper.
- In the casserole dish, layer half the vegetable mixture, then half the chicken mixture; repeat. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.