Chicken and Squash Casserole
Updated April 13, 2017
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Give your family a hearty dinner they're sure to rave about with our easy recipe for Chicken and Squash Casserole. This casserole is brimming with creamy chicken flavor. It's one they'll ask for time and time again!
What You'll Need:
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 onion, chopped
1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
cup chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can low sodium, cream of chicken soup
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar-free, whole wheat bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil; saute, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in tomatoes, basil, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, chicken and pepper.
- In the casserole dish, layer half the vegetable mixture, then half the chicken mixture; repeat. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.01 04 17.