Potatoes Au Gratin
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Potatoes Au Gratin is a classic dish, and one you may remember eating at Granny's house. That's probably why it's one of our most requested Christmas side dish recipes. Those creamy, classic flavors are just unbeatable, and now they are fit for your diabetes diet, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (28-ounce) package frozen O'Brien-style potatoes (with peppers and onions)
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon into baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and scallions and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
For more healthy recipes for Christmas, check out our collection of Diabetic Christmas Dinner Ideas: 20 Festive & Healthy Holiday Recipes.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out the rest of our collection of easy casserole recipes for more mouthwatering goodness!
Read NextChicken and Squash Casserole