Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups
- SERVING SIZE
- 4-ounces chicken and 1/3 cup veggies
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
The next time your family asks for chicken fajitas, serve it to them like this! Our Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups feature those same great sizzlin' fajitas flavors, with a fun, low-carb twist. Instead of stuffing the chicken and fajita peppers into a tortilla, we've ditched the tortilla and stuffed the chicken!
What You'll Need
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil until hot and saute peppers and onion 5 to 7 minutes or until soft; set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create 2 cutlets. Cover with wax paper and light pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 teaspoons oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion powder, and pepper. Brush chicken breasts evenly with oil mixture on both sides.
- Top each chicken breast with peppers and onions, then roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Top with salsa and sour cream, then serve immediately.
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken