Basil and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 chicken breast + 2 tablespoons sauce
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
There are so many stuffed chicken recipes out there that it can be hard to find one to fit into your weeknight meal plan. Our Basil and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken is not only delicious, but it's so easy to make! Isn't that what we all want? An easy chicken recipe that won't bore our taste buds? This perfect any-time meal adds a flair of flavor you won't be able to resist!
What You'll Need
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, plus extra for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 slices (1-1/2 ounces total) reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with garlic powder and pepper. Place a half-slice of Swiss cheese over each of the chicken breasts. Place 3 basil leaves over each and roll up jelly roll-style; secure each with a wooden toothpick. Place the rolls in the baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, and parsley. Saute 5 minutes. Add broth and cook 1 minute. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
Test Kitchen Tip
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken