Lickety Split Lemon Oaties
Updated December 19, 2017
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 oatie
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our Lickety Split Lemon Oaties are a light, diabetic-friendly recipe to satisfy that sweet craving. With its hint of lemon flavor, it's a different take on a classic cookie. Our lemon oaties are an easy recipe that cook in 10-minutes. These lemony, flavor-filled treats are the perfect change-of-pace from the same-old-thing.
What You'll Need:
5 tablespoons stick margarine
cup granulated sugar
cup packed light brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
cup all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg whites, and lemon peel until light and creamy. Add the oats and flour; mix until just blended.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 3 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you're looking for more lemony dessert choices check out our Lovely Lemon Dessert Recipes!
- Check out these amazing Citrus Desserts for more variety!
- Fun Fact!
- Did you know that lemons are native to Asia and that trees can produce up to 600lbs of lemons every year? When life gives you lemons...
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.03 10 17.