- 42 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Using cake mix as a shortcut for cookies is a great time-saver. Not to mention, the sugar-free cake mix we use is a diabetes delight! With just a few easy ingredients you can enjoy a freshly baked batch of Shortcut Snickerdoodles!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package sugar-free white cake mix
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, margarine, egg, vanilla and almond extracts with a spoon until dough forms. (Some dry mix will remain.) Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in sugar mixture, then place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until set. Remove from baking sheets to cooling racks.