PB & J Cookies
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
We've taken the classic combination of peanut butter and jelly and created a cookie! But not to worry, our PB & J Cookies still conform to a diabetic lifestyle, so throw these together without any worries!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar-free strawberry preserves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and peanut butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Slowly add Splenda and sugar, beating well. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beating well. Roll dough into 40 (1-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten into 1-inch circles.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on pans, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread about 1-1/2 teaspoons of strawberry preserves on bottom of half the cookies; top with remaining cookies.