Fruit Stand Surprise
Summer is the easiest time of the year to get those all-important five-a-day servings of fruit and vegetables. With all our seasonal favorites picked fresh and available in our markets, a refreshing fruit-laden dish like our Fruit Stand Surprise makes any day seem like cause for celebration!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into 10 wedges
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and brown sugar; mix well. Add the strawberries, bananas, and kiwi; toss until the fruit is well coated.
- Place each cantaloupe wedge on a serving plate. Spoon equal amounts of the fruit mixture over them and top with the sliced almonds. Serve immediately.