We hope you're ready to fall in love with a new diabetic-friendly dessert because these Bakery Squares are simply perfect. With a homemade chocolate crust and a thick cream cheese layer, it's hard to resist these squares. And, as if that weren't enough, a simple streusel topping makes these extra-delicious!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup stevia (see Note)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine stevia, flour, cocoa powder, and salt; cut in margarine until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into baking dish and bake 8 minutes, or until set.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, egg substitute, and vanilla until blended. Pour slowly over crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top with reserved 1/2 cup mixture and bake 15 more minutes, or until set. Let cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
Just a Suggestion!
Read NextSuper Strawberry Fluff