One-Pot Chicken and Quinoa
Updated August 21, 2020
- SERVING SIZE
3-ounces chicken, 1/2 cup veggie mixture
- COOK TIME
This all-in-one chicken dinner is ready to satisfy! Our One-Pot Chicken and Quinoa is packed with Italian flavors and easy to make. It's the perfect weeknight chicken dinner!
What You'll Need
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, visible fat removed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
(28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 5 basil leaves, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the skillet. Add onions, carrots, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, water, and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer 15 minutes.
- Place chicken into the quinoa mixture and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed, and the chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in basil and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.