Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken
Updated April 09, 2021
- COOK TIME
4 Hr 40 Min
This easy Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken dish is warm and welcoming after a long day. The chicken thighs are super flavorful and pair perfectly with this healthy combo of veggies and seasonings.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, visible fat removed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen onion and pepper strips, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add thighs and brown on one side, reduce heat to medium, and brown other side; spray as needed. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and cook until just tender.
- Transfer onions and peppers to 4- to 5-quart slow cooker and arrange thighs on top. Pour in 1/4 cup water and tomatoes.
- Cook on LOW 4 hours and stir in cumin. Cook an additional 30 minutes, or until thighs are very tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.