Updated May 17, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 8 Hr 3 Min
Sunday dinner just got tastier with our mouthwatering recipe for Slow Cooker Sunday Roast. The ease and convenience of a slow cooker will turn an economic boneless beef chuck roast into a tender main dish meal that fits your healthy eating goals. This is definitely a chuck roast recipe that you'll be turning to every Sunday - say goodbye to that oven!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-pound) boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon black pepper
cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to 4 to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in vinegar and scrape browned bits from pan; pour mixture over roast, add tomatoes, and cover.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH 4 to 4-1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Can chuck roast be used in stew meat? Yes! This chuck roast can be thrown into any stew pot, sandwich, or other leftover combination for a tasty day-after meal.
- What to Add In: To make this a one-pot meal for the ages, feel free to add in potatoes, carrots, and vegetables to the pot. We recommend introducing any add-ins to the slow-cooker about 1 hour before the meat is done. Make sure they're submerged in broth, otherwise they may not cook completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.