- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Plum sauce gives these meatballs a delightfully authentic Asian sweetness. Serve these Asian Meatballs with brown rice and enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, egg whites, garlic powder, ground red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Shape into 24 one-inch meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatballs and the plum sauce, tossing to coat completely. Serve immediately.
- This recipe pairs perfectly with our Chinese Chicken Soup!
Read NextBarbecued Turkey Loaves