Updated May 17, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Kids seem to love helping make this quick-and-easy Turkey Taco Pie, because they can get in on the action, too. Cooking with kids is a great way to enjoy quality family time - and that's half the reward of preparing healthy meals.
What You'll Need
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (see note)
- 1 (16-ounce) can vegetarian refried beans (see note)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
cup (2 ounces) shredded real Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray (see note); heat over medium-high heat. Add the turkey breast and ground cumin, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up the turkey.
- Stir in the refried beans and salsa, reducing the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove the skillet from the heat, scrape down the sides with a spatula, and spread the mixture evenly in the skillet.
- Arrange the lettuce, tomato, and Cheddar cheese in concentric circles on top of the turkey mixture; serve immediately.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source, gluten-free refried beans, and nonstick cooking spray with no flour added.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.