Weeknight Skillet Shepherd's Pie
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This classic Southern staple is a must-have! Our shepherd's pie recipe is perfect for when you want a hearty meal, but don't have a lot of time to cook. Weekend Skillet Shepherd's Pie has shortcut ingredients, like frozen veggies, that saves time and effort, but doesn't sacrifice any of the bold flavors. After you taste it for the first time, it will become a permanent fixture in your recipe box.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup frozen chopped carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes (instant or leftover), made with reduced-fat soft tub margarine and fat-free milk
What to Do
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients except the potatoes over high heat; mix well. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and dollop with potatoes. Serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- If you're not a turkey fan, try substituting with chicken. Just hearty with an amazing flavor!
- Cook up this One-Pot Comfort Shepherd's Pie for a delicious weekend dinner!
- Fun Fact!
- The vegetarian version of this dish is referred to as Shepherdess Pie. That's pretty cool!
Read NextUnstuffed Cabbage Skillet
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 181
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 14g 28 %
- Cholesterol 42mg 14 %
- Sodium 300mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %