Sausage, Peppers, & Onion Foil Packets
Updated June 06, 2017
- SERVING SIZE
- 3 pieces of sausage + 1/2 cup vegetables
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Sausage, peppers, and onions are a state fair-food favorite, but they aren't always the healthiest choice. That's why we came up with this diabetic-friendly version that satisfies your cravings without ruining your diet. Our Sausage, Peppers, & Onion Foil Packets are easy to make (in the oven or on the grill!) and deliver lots of flavor!
What You'll Need:
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
large onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
(13-ounce) package smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
cup low-sodium spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut 4 (2-inch) squares of aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine red and green bell peppers, onion, garlic powder, and black pepper; toss until evenly coated. Divide vegetable mixture evenly onto center of each piece of foil.
- Place sausage slices evenly on vegetables. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over sausage and vegetables. Wrap foil securely, leaving room for steam to circulate; seal edges tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open packets carefully, as steam may be released. Serve immediately.
- If you'd like, you can sprinkle each serving with a little bit of reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese right before serving (not calculated in nutritional information).
- This makes a great grilling recipe too! To make it on the grill, just preheat your grill to medium-high heat, place packets on the grill, close the grill cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.