Sweet Potato-Crowned Turkey Muffins
Updated November 25, 2020
- COOK TIME
It's easier to control your portions when you use a muffin-tin! Our Sweet Potato-Crowned Turkey Muffins are like mini meatloaves, that are filled with healthier-for-you ingredients.
What You'll Need
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces)
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey
cup finely diced onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine turkey, onion, egg, chili sauce, cornmeal, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well. Place about 1/4 cup turkey mixture into muffin cups and press down lightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake turkey muffins along with potatoes about 25 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in center. Remove potatoes and meat from oven.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out insides, discarding skins. Place in a medium bowl with margarine and mash with a fork. Top each meatloaf with a scoop of sweet potato and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.