Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Our Turkey Stuffed Peppers are lower in fat, but with the same bold flavors of the original. Our baked stuffed peppers recipe adds some zesty salsa for a bit of zing! A perfect dinner to help maintain a healthier lifestyle, but don't worry--no one will be able to tell the difference!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray.
Meanwhile, in prepared skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
Stuff turkey-salsa mixture into pepper halves. Arrange in a 9-inch-square baking dish and spoon 2 tablespoons tomato sauce over each. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish and cover.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until heated through.
- Want more easy stuffed pepper recipes? Our Greenhouse Stuffed Peppers, Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers, or Stuffed Mini Peppers are sure to satisfy that craving!
- Our Easy Ground Turkey Recipes are perfect for any night of the week!
- Fun Fact!
- Peppers were named by Spanish explorers who were searching for pepperocn plants to produce black pepper. Christopher Columbus was among them, having discovered green and red peppers growing on vines soon after landing in the West Indies.
Read NextUnstuffed Cabbage Skillet
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 171
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 59mg 20 %
- Sodium 456mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.3g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %