- SERVING SIZE
- 6 ounces
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 15 Min
Fork-tender Beefy Pot Roast is a savory way to satisfy your gang's hunger. Our low and slow cooking method makes it the perfect solution for a Sunday night supper.
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
1 (3-pound) beef bottom round roast, trimmed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cornstarch
teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper; mix well.
- Rinse the beef and place in the flour mixture while still wet, turning to coat completely. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Add 4 cups water, the bouillon cubes, celery, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 2 to 2-1/4hours, or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove beef to a platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon water and the cornstarch; mix well. Skim and discard the fat from the pan juices. Add the cornstarch mixture and the browning and seasoning sauce to the juices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Slice the roast across the grain and serve topped with the sauce.
Did you know… that pot roast is the perfect kind of roast for our slow cookers? We can start it in the morning before work, and come home to the long-cooked taste any night of the week.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.02 06 17.