- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
You'll be feeling "in the pink" with this one, 'cause this colorful dessert is a refreshing change from traditional cheesecake. Plus, our low-fat ingredients make our Peppermint Cheesecake the perfect answer for a small indulgence within a healthy diabetes diet.
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food color
- 1 (9-inch) reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream and peppermint hard candies for garnish (optional)
What to Do
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
Place 1/2 cup of the mixture in a small bowl and stir in the peppermint extract and food color; mix well. Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pie crust; smooth the top.
Drop the peppermint mixture by spoonfuls into the mixture in the crust and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges are set. (The center will be slightly loose.) Allow to cool for 1 hour, then cover and chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
Top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies, if desired.
During Christmas time, use candy canes in place of peppermint candies for a festive twist!
- For more healthy recipes for Christmas, check out our collection of Diabetic Christmas Dinner Ideas: 20 Festive & Healthy Holiday Recipes.