Easy Chicken Francaise
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 chicken breast
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
There's a reason this dish is a classic that's been lightened up yet is still full of flavor. Our Easy Chicken Francaise is a company-fancy and foolproof way to get dinner on the table fast!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 5 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded slightly
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and salt; mix well. Place the egg substitute in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil while melting 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, then in the egg substitute, coating completely.
- Sauté the chicken, in batches if necessary, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the wine, lemon juice, and parsley, to the skillet; mix well and return the chicken to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken slightly. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce.
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken