Tuscan Chicken & Veggie Skewers
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 skewer
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
When following a diabetes-diet, you might see a lot of chicken on the menu. That doesn't mean it can't be a fresh taste that the whole family will love. Our Tuscan Chicken & Veggie Skewers are layers of flavors and Italian seasonings. It will no doubt quickly become a part of your weekly menu.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 8 (2-inch) chunks
- 4 (1-1/2-inch) chunks red onion
- 4 (12-inch) metal skewers
- 4 whole mushrooms
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, or large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and oregano. Add chicken, toss until evenly coated. Marinate at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator, reserving marinade for later use.
- On each skewer, thread a piece of zucchini, red bell pepper, chicken, red onion, zucchini, chicken, red bell pepper, and mushroom. Repeat with remaining 3 skewers. Brush with marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more easy chicken dinners try our Basil and Cheese-Stuffed Chicken, or for a fiesta-flair at dinner time, try our Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups!
- Need some sides to add to the menu? We've got you covered. Try our Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts or, for a healthier alternative to regular rice, try our Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken