Individual Peach-Pineapple Crumblers
Grab a spoon and get ready to dig into one of the tastiest slow cooker desserts you've ever tried. This recipe for Individual Peach-Pineapple Crumblers comes from "The Diabetes Fast-Fix Slow-Cooker Cookbook", and is a great "portion control" dessert that'll help you indulge without the guilt!
What You'll Need
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen peach slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, packed in own juice, drained
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, butter, and nut flavoring or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar substitute blend, such as Splenda
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar substitute blend, such as Splenda
- 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
What to Do
- Coat four 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the filling ingredients, except the flour. Toss gently until well blended. Add the flour and stir. Spoon equal amounts into each ramekin and set aside.
- In the same medium bowl, using a fork, stir together the topping ingredients, except the oil. Drizzle the oil evenly over all and toss gently until crumb texture is reached. Spoon equal amounts over each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high only for 2 1/2 hours. Remove cover and continue to cook 30 minutes or until top is set.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Exchanges/Food Choices: 3 Carbohydrate | 1-1/2 Fat
Nutritional Information: Calories 300 | Calories from Fat 70 | Total Fat 8g | Saturated Fat 0.5g | Trans Fat 0g | Monosaturated Fat 4.5g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 115mg | Potassium 230mg | Total Carbohydrate 43g | Dietary Fiber 5g | Sugars 22g | Protein 6g
Copyright © 2014 American Diabetes Association. From The Diabetes Fast-Fix Slow-Cooker Cookbook. Reprinted with permission from The American Diabetes Association. To order this book call 1-800-232-6733 or order online at ShopDiabetes.org
Read NextSuper Strawberry Fluff