- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
If you thought your diabetic diet couldn't include comfort foods, then think again! This Pork Chop Casserole recipe is perfect for anyone who is watching what they eat. It has all the taste and heartiness of a regular pork chop casserole, but with a lot less fat and sodium!
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
4 pork loin chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
cup low-sodium chicken broth
teaspoon dried thyme leaf
1 cup sliced mushrooms
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and saute onions for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove to a plate.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Coat pork chops in flour mixture evenly on both sides. Cook pork chops in same skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Place in baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, or until hot. Pour over pork chops and top with onions.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink in center.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.02 08 17.