- SERVING SIZE
2 tablespoons of cheese mixture and 2 jalapeno halves
- COOK TIME
Our diabetic-friendly Baked Jalapeno Poppers are a healthier alternative to the fried variety. This deliciously cheesy appetizer is perfect for any party or occasion.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
teaspoon chili powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds, and membranes removed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture into middle of each jalapeno half. One at a time, dip in egg mixture, then dredge in bread crumbs, pressing to coat. Place peppers on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.