Soda Pop Cake
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (2-inch) piece
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Our Test Kitchen removed the high fat oils and substituted light and flavorful diet lemon-lime soda to make this delicious Soda Pop Cake that anyone following a diabetes diet or healthy eating routine can enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 box (18-ounce) sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1 can (12-ounce) diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar-free red raspberry preserves
What to Do
Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees for a metal baking pan or 325 if using glass.
Add cake mix to large bowl. Break up lumps with your fingers. Fold soda into cake mix gradually with large spatula just until it mixes well.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth evenly with spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Garnish each piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1 teaspoon warmed raspberry preserves.
- Loved this easy cake recipe? Then be sure to check out our collection of Delectable Diabetic Cake Recipes: 10 of the Best Healthy Cake Recipes Ever.
- If you're a fan of the lemon-lime soda in this cake recipe, then you might also enjoy these 8 Lovely Lemon Dessert Recipes.
Read NextBetter-Than-Anything Cake
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 69
- Calories from Fat 9.5
- Total Fat 1.1g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.0g 2 %
- Cholesterol 0.7mg 0 %
- Sodium 142mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %