- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Enjoy the tastes of barbecued chicken anytime of the year with this recipe for low-carb Barbecue Chicken Tarts. Because they bake up in a muffin tin, they're perfectly portioned, making this diabetic chicken recipe a great snack or make-ahead lunch idea.
What You'll Need:
cup almond flour
1 tablespoon margarine, softened
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
2 tablespoons reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a mini 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, margarine, oil, egg, and salt; beat with an electric mixer until mixture forms a ball.
- Shape dough into 12 (1-inch) balls. Place each dough ball in a mini muffin cup. Using your thumb, press dough into each cup, forming a crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwaveable bowl, combine chicken, barbecue sauce, and scallion. Heat in microwave 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot. Evenly fill each crust with chicken mixture, sprinkle with cheese, and return to oven 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.05 17 17.