Updated April 02, 2018
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 inch slice
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Everyone's gonna go "coconuts" over this diabetic recipe for Coconut Cake! This easy cake recipe is moist, delicious, and great for anyone who is following a diabetic diet (or who isn't!). This coconut cake recipe is going to be one of your favorites!
What You'll Need:
1 (16.0-ounce) package sugar-free yellow cake mix
cup egg substitute
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 (12-ounce) can diet lemon-lime soda
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup flaked coconut, with 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (8-inch square) cake pans with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, egg substitute, coconut extract, and soda until moistened. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove each cake to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice each cake in half horizontally, making 4 layers.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and coconut. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter and spread with 1/4 of filling; repeat with remaining layers. Sprinkle reserved coconut on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.05 08 17.