You're going to fall in love with every bite of this Red Velvet Mug Cake. Our version of this classic cake has been lightened up for a diabetic diet, but unless we told you...you'd never guess it on your own. That's because this healthier-for-you mug cake is so decadent and delicious!
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon stevia (see Notes)
teaspoon baking powder
cup fat-free milk
1 small egg (see Notes)
3 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips
2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla frosting
What To Do:
- Coat a 10 to 12-ounce microwaveable mug with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, stevia, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add milk, egg, and red food coloring, if desired; whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into mug.
- Microwave 75 to 90 seconds or until set in center. Let cool 5 minutes. Spread frosting on top of cake and serve.
- We tested this recipe using Truvia® brand sweetener, but you can use any sugar substitute you prefer.
- If you're looking to reduce the amount of saturated fat in this mug cake, you can use an egg substitute instead of the egg.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.05 10 17.