Red Velvet Mug Cake
Updated January 09, 2017
You're going to fall in love with every bite of this Red Velvet Mug Cake. Our version of this classic cake has been lightened up for a diabetic diet, but unless we told you...you'd never guess it on your own. That's because this healthier-for-you mug cake is so decadent and delicious!
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon stevia (see Notes)
teaspoon baking powder
cup fat-free milk
1 small egg (see Notes)
3 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips
2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla frosting
What To Do:
- Coat a 10 to 12-ounce microwaveable mug with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, stevia, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Add milk, egg, and red food coloring, if desired; whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into mug.
- Microwave 75 to 90 seconds or until set in center. Let cool 5 minutes. Spread frosting on top of cake and serve.
- We tested this recipe using Truvia® brand sweetener, but you can use any sugar substitute you prefer.
- If you're looking to reduce the amount of saturated fat in this mug cake, you can use an egg substitute instead of the egg.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.02 13 17.