Updated June 21, 2017
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 50 Min
Take your taste buds on a heavenly ride with our recipe for Heavenly Chocolate Cake. Your gang will love the tasty combination of chocolate cake with a surprising creamy layer at the bottom. Don't be surprised if they ask you to make this diabetic-friendly chocolate cake at all your get-togethers!
What You'll Need:
2 pounds fat-free ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) package sugar-free chocolate cake mix
1 (1.4-ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup fat-free milk
1 (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth; set aside. In another large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour cake batter evenly into baking dish. Slowly pour cheese mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until smooth. Fold whipped topping into pudding until well combined. Spread mixture on top of cake.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- This Heavenly Chocolate Cake actually does a bit of magic while it's baking in the oven! Your layers will actually reverse from the order that you put them into your baking dish. How cool is that?!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.05 09 17.