- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr 30 Min
Want a perfectly glazed turkey every time? Try this simple but succulent recipe for Apple-Glazed Turkey that you'll be proud to serve on Thanksgiving or any time you want to impress. How can something that looks and tastes so good be so easy?!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 apples, cored and quartered
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Place turkey in prepared roasting pan and rub it inside and out with salt and pepper; place apples inside cavity. Pour apple juice concentrate evenly over turkey. Pour chicken broth into pan.
- Sprinkle sage evenly over top of turkey. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and roast for 3 hours, basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for 30 to 60 more minutes, or until no pink remains in turkey, its juices run clear, and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of the thigh (not touching bone) registers 180 to 185 degrees F. Allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
To make a quick apple-flavored gravy, remove most of the fat, strain the pan drippings into a saucepan, and whisk in about 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for every 2 cups of pan drippings, until thickened.
Read NextBarbecued Turkey Loaves