- SERVING SIZE
- 1 slice
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
One bite of this Southern favorite and you'll be thinking of Grandma (even if you're not from the South!). That's 'cause our Hummingbird Cake is so moist and flavorful, it reminds us of Grandma's best cakes. Our version may be a little lighter, but it's still got all the great spices and fruits baked in!
What You'll Need
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple packed in juice, not drained
- 2/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Splenda Sugar Blend sweetener
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, cake mix, flour, pineapple with its juice, egg substitute, 1/2 cup Splenda, cinnamon, baking powder, and vanilla wth a wooden spoon until batter is well mixed. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, then invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tablespoon Splenda until smooth. Spread evenly on top of cake, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.
Loved this easy cake recipe? Then you'll love our collection of Delectable Diabetic Cake Recipes: 10 of the Best Healthy Cake Recipes Ever.
Read NextBetter-Than-Anything Cake