Updated May 18, 2018
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Mamma Mia - this diabetic cake recipe is spectacular! Our Little Italy Cake has a lovely lemon flavor that makes it perfect for anytime of the year. Plus, there's a bonus - it's low-carb and gluten-free too!
What You'll Need
- 1 ounce white chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 1/2
stick light margarine
cup sugar substitute
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2
cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with wax paper.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine white chocolate and milk. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and continue to microwave at 10-second intervals until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and 3/4 cup sugar substitute until fluffy. Add the egg yolks, lemon zest, and lemon extract; beat until combined. Add the almond flour, melted chocolate and lemon juice; beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and remaining tablespoon of sugar substitute until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined. Spoon the batter into cake pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes, then invert onto a platter, remove wax paper, and turn cake over. Let cool completely.
Although the ingredients in this diabetic cake recipe are gluten-free, you'll want to double-check that the brands you are using are gluten-free.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.