Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Spaghetti squash recipes aren't just for red sauce! A creamy, dreamy Alfredo pairs perfectly with it. Besides, a diabetes diet doesn't have to be packed with bland foods! Our Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo is loaded with flavor, but is lower in carbs! Plus, it's a recipe the whole family will enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat, grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in chicken broth, and milk.
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, and mix until smooth and thickened. Stir in the squash, chicken, parsley, and pepper, and cook 5-6 minutes, or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tip
- When we whip up Italian dishes, we love to add these Easy Garlic Knots as a side! They're perfect to dip in that thick, creamy sauce that you won't be able to get enough of!
- If you like salads with your spaghetti squash recipes, then you've got to try our fresh-tasting Asparagus and Tomato Salad! Maybe even try some of our Italian Dressing Classico to go with it!
- Keep the flavors of Italy rolling out of the kitchen by serving up this decadent Tiramisu Pie for dessert, or, for the perfect combo of sweet flavors, try our Cannoli-Stuffed Strawberries!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 302
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 1.5g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 581mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %