Banana Peanut Butter Cake
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/8th slice of cake
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
The combination of peanut butter and bananas in this easy cake recipe makes it sinfully divine. Don't be surprised at how fast this Banana Peanut Butter Cake will disappear!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine, light, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
What to Do
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg, peanut butter, sour cream, and banana; mix well. Add the flour mixture; mix well, then spread into the cake pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely before cutting into wedges.
- Even though peanut butter is a good source of protein, it's high in fat, and should be eaten in moderation… so save this one for special occasions.
- Loved this easy cake recipe? Then be sure to check out our collection of Delectable Diabetic Cake Recipes: 10 of the Best Healthy Cake Recipes Ever.
- And if you really love recipes like banana pudding and banana bread, then be sure to check out our collection of Healthy Banana Recipes.
Read NextBetter-Than-Anything Cake
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 177
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.8g 10 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 287mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %